Breast Cancer Awareness – October 2022 – Cumberland International Trucks & Idealease
Cumberland International Trucks & Idealease partnered with Navistar on 10/14/22 for a Pink Out Day to drive awareness about breast cancer
If one person chooses to get checked or encourages a family member to get checked, a life might be saved. Here are some facts to know about Breast Cancer.
- Assume breast cancer is something you need to worry about. An estimated 60-70% of people with breast cancer have no risk factors.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
- Although rare, men can get breast cancer too. In 2022, 2,710 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the U.S. and 530 will die.
- 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will develop breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Death rates from breast cancer have been declining since about 1990, thanks in part to increased awareness, better screening and early detection, and new-and-improved treatment options.
- There are over 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S.
- An estimated 43,550 women will die from breast cancer in the U.S. this year.
- A woman’s risk of breast cancer nearly doubles if she has a first-degree relative (mother, sister, daughter) who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.