PREPARING FOR THE COLD WEATHER AHEAD!
The first day of Fall was earlier this month, and now is the time to start preparing your operation for the cold weather ahead. Your drivers should know what is required to keep their trucks running in winter.
Fuel Additive Use during Cold Weather Conditions
Fuel additives to prevent jelling should be added anytime the ambient temperature is below 32. Power Service and Penray are popular manufacturers of fuel additives, and both companies have two different products available through Navistar and Idealease locations.
- The “Red Bottle” is Power Service 911 and is to be used ONLY when the fuel in a unit has been jelled.
- 911 is NOT to be used as a fuel additive that you would regularly put in the fuel tank to keep the fuel from jelling.
- Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane “White Bottle” will be added to the fuel at each fill when the ambient temperature is < 30 degrees F.
- This is the additive you should regularly use during the winter months.
Winter Thaw Emergency Diesel Fuel Supplement
- Dissolves already gelled fuel fast and reduces clogging of fuel filters.
- Prevents ice crystal build-up in fuel lines and filters by disbursing moisture.
- Eliminates hard starting, pounding, and excessive smoking and helps improve combustion.
- 100% compatible with low sulfur fuel and fuel blends.
Winter Pow-R Plus Diesel Fuel Supplement
- ULSD compliant. Prevents gelling of diesel fuel.
- Prevents ice crystal formation.
- Reduces cold filter plug point b as much as 30ºF.
- Helps enhance cetane.
- Helps improve fuel economy.
- Utilizes HAFI® technology.
- Improves cold weather starting.
- Stabilizes and prevents corrosion.
- Helps reduce emissions.
- Helps improve lubricity