5 Ways to Manage Your School Bus Fleet Telematics (Health & Performance Data) with OnCommand Connection
OnCommand Connection® (OCC), standard on all new IC Bus models, brings intuitive, actionable data to school districts everywhere. Now school districts can better manage the unexpected with tools and insights built to help fleets run safely and efficiently.
With OCC, school districts will have access to health and performance data of every vehicle in operation, and when a vehicle fault does occur, vehicle health reports and fault code action plans are available to make it easy to see how severe the issue is, and the likely needed parts and service required to address the issue. Route history data, including records of vehicle stops, door opens and closes, and driver behavior help give a complete view of how each bus has been operated.
Here’s are 5 ways OCC can help manage your fleet of buses:
- Monitor and track your fleet in real time
- Aggregated your all-makes fleet into one simple interface
- Generate health reports to proactively schedule maintenance and service
- Create customized alerts based on vehicle fault severity
- Monitor driver behavior, including speeding and hard acceleration braking events
ONCOMMAND® PARTS INFORMATION
The road is unforgiving. And while your IC Bus® can handle almost anything, wear and tear happens. And sooner or later parts need to be replaced. To maximize uptime, you need to quickly and easily locate the right parts—the ones specifically meant for your vehicle.
OnCommand® Parts Information is a customized portal that provides service technicians with instant access to your vehicle’s parts lists, giving them the exact information they need for repair, while eliminating the risk of mistakes and delays—all so you can get back up, out, and on the road.
- Locate and order parts quickly and easily for your entire IC Bus® fleet
- Complete vehicle line-set ticket information as it was originally ordered
- Utilize figure, keyword, part number, and visual search tools
- Access All-Makes parts programs
- Cross-reference searches for vendor and OEM part numbers
- Create custom parts lists
- View actual customer pricing
- Check parts availability at IC Bus® distribution centers
- Automatically document and store your activity by VIN number
Connect your entire fleet through a single portal.
- The first (and only) all-makes diagnostic system, OnCommand™ Connection improves uptime and reduces the total cost of ownership by enabling you to monitor and manage vehicle health across your entire fleet.
- Monitor and track your fleet in real time with advanced remote diagnostics
- Rely on all-makes, all-models telematics to simplify data transmission
- Replace paper-based DVIR with electronic, tablet-based efficiency
- Generate health reports with easily referenced fault codes
- Develop action plans for more efficient maintenance and repair
- Create customized alerts based on severity
- Enable wireless engine programming without a service visit
ONCOMMAND® SERVICE INFORMATION
Improve the ease, speed and accuracy of repairs with our VIN-based information system.
How fleet managers and technicians make the most of OnCommand® Service Information:
With their subscription, technicians gain real-time, up-to-date VIN-based service and parts information for any IC Bus
Technical information is easily located by major component group, model, vendor, engine, and feature code
Service manuals and bulletins are illustrated and include repair, overhaul, troubleshooting tips, and diagnostic information
The iKnow technical database allows service article searches by entering symptom terms and/or descriptions
ONCOMMAND® REPAIR ADVOCATE
With the OnCommand® Repair Advocate program, every bus repair is assigned a case file that is posted to your online portal, offering at-a-glance information about the progress and details of each repair taking place on all your enrolled buses across the IC Bus® service network. This means you get greater access to monitor repairs, and to communicate with the repair facilities and Repair Advocate team—all so you can more effectively manage your school bus fleet operations.
- Review repair history and identify any open campaigns, recalls, or calibration updates with the service location
- Attach a comprehensive health report about your vehicle to the online case file
- Monitor the case file and work with the service location to help coordinate repair support
- Coordinate Navistar parts and technical and field support, as needed
- Help facilitate timely communications and repair progress updates via the case file
ONCOMMAND® SERVICE PARTNER
Get expedited service and fixed labor hours for specific repairs
- Basic initial diagnostic advisories performed in hours versus days
- Consistent, accurate, and detailed estimates, as well as inspections and authorizations
- Guaranteed fixed, fair, and consistent labor times on common maintenance and repair
- 12-month warranty on all parts and labor
- Online portal for instant access to estimates, repair status updates, communication tools, and labor-time directories
Teach your directors and technicians how to maximize uptime and minimize maintenance costs.
- Enroll an unlimited number of students
- Track student progress for all courses taken and completed
- Designate administrators to access your students’ records
- Generate course completion certificates
- Access courses online or at any of the nine training centers in North America
ONCOMMAND® PARTS RETURN PROGRAM
Turn obsolete and overstock parts into real working capital.
- Enjoy flexible purchase options
- Receive up to 100% of returned parts as purchasing credit
- Access more than 700,000 part numbers across the IC Buses dealer network
- Utilize monthly reports to chart growth and earn-back percentages
- Contact your local IC Bus dealer for more information.
Bus Account Manager