[Recap] Idealease Nashville partners with Lifest
Cumberland Idealease partnered with Life Promotions for the first annual Lifest – Music City music festival. We donated two rental trucks – 1 Box truck and 1 refrigerated truck. Lifest used our donated trucks to move staging, sound gear and to store refreshments.
Their organization has been doing a music festival in Oshkosh, WI since 1999 and recently added Nashville to their lineup. They approached our Idealease team several months ago and asked if we could help.
Life Promotions is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to instilling hope in youth. We have been sharing messages of hope through public school assembly programs and community events for over 30 years. All public school assembly programs focus on AODA, bullying and suicide prevention.
Dignity Revolution Challenge (DRC) is a K-12 evidence based curriculum. Each lesson infuses evidence-based practices towards the common goal of reducing bullying and improving the mental health of youth. DRC has K-12 comprehensive skill-based lessons that are aligned with the National Health Standards and purposely include social and emotional learning competencies. It teaches social and emotional skills to foster kindness throughout each of the interactive hands-on activities that are designed to help children understand emotions, show empathy for others, as well as empower youth with the knowledge and skills they need stand up for the value of self and others.
Through the program, students and educators understand the worth, value and dignity of every person, which in turns creates a school atmosphere that is safe and welcoming. DRC was intentionally created with over 70 activities to allow each school to customize the program based on their trends and needs. Download your free lesson to at the bottom of the page. Our staff provides support and resources for schools to create a foundation of success and establish the program to strengthen their efforts.
The purpose of DRC is to aid students and teachers in understanding the worth, value, and dignity of every person. It can be customized to fit your school’s needs to reach the following target goals:
- Students will understand the impact of hurtful behavior on their physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual well-being.
- Students will know who, how, and where to report bullying incidents and will be encouraged to be upstanders, not bystanders.
- Students will gain skills to stand up for the intrinsic value of every person and will be empowered to daily live out the Dignity Revolution Pledge.
- DIGNITY REVOLUTION- Dignity Revolution’s Mission is to Educate and Empower Youth to Stand Up for the Value of Every Person.
- DIGNITY PLEDGE – Stand up for the worth, value, and dignity of every person, and commit to be a part of the Dignity Revolution.
- STUDENT CHALLENGE – An K-12 evidence-based curriculum, purposefully aligned with the National Health Standards and social and emotional competencies that includes a plethora of effective hands-on interactive lessons on mental health and wellness for students.
- SCHOOL ASSEMBLY – Featuring Bob Lenz, International Speaker and Author (Grades 6-12) and Aj the Animated Illusionist (Grades K-5) Bob Lenz, international speaker and author, explores serious issues like bullying, self-harm, suicide, and substance use, while using his unique gift of humor. Somewhere between laughing at one of his embarrassing moments and getting choked up over a true story, students realize their hearts and minds have been changed.
- TEACHER TRAINING – Led by Deborah Tackmann, National Teacher Hall of Fame Inductee, her professional development training makes the audience think and laugh. Participants will learn skill-based activities that enhance a students’ capacity to effectively use social and emotional skills personalized for your school.
Daytona Beach, FL
Disclaimer - All information, inventory, photos and pricing are subject to change without notice. All liability expressly disclaimed. Copyright Cumberland Companies © 2020