We are still in road construction season!
Drivers need to be especially cautious of construction zones.
States are making a concentrated effort to raise the awareness of the dangers in these zones. Here are some safety tips you can share with your drivers regarding construction zones:
- Slow down and be alert when approaching a “construction zone.” Get into the correct lane well in advance. Where traffic is merging into a single lane, be cautious of other motorists racing to get ahead of slowing traffic.
- Get off the phone…. even Hands-Free phones are distracting your ability to safely operate your truck
- Pay attention to what those orange and black warning signs are telling you to do.
- Be alert for the actions of other drivers.
- Pay close attention to construction equipment and workers. You never know their next move, so be prepared to stop.
- Watch speed limits and don’t tailgate. Double your following distance. Rear-end collisions are the most common kind of construction zone accident.
- Watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting the road in or near the construction area, as they may enter and exit at a slower speed than other traffic.
- Turn your headlights on as you approach a work-zone, alerting both the construction workers and other traffic around you of your presence.
- Give construction workers a brake
Daytona Beach, FL
Disclaimer - All information, inventory, photos and pricing are subject to change without notice. All liability expressly disclaimed. Copyright Cumberland Companies © 2020